Are you passionate about sharing the good news of Jesus with the 0-11 age group and their families? Do you have energy, enthusiasm and a vision for growing young disciples? Are you a team player who is also able to lead a team of volunteers and make things happen?
We are looking for a committed Christian with experience of leadership in this area of ministry to take forward our children and families work both within the church and outside in the community. If you meet the criteria, we’d love to hear from you!
Salary: £21-25k (dependent on experience and qualifications)
Closing date: 1st of September 2016
Interview date: 24th of September 2016.
There is GOR for the successful applicant to be a committed Christian. Enhanced DBS will be required.
This is a new initiative for our church and an exciting time to be joining us. As a growing church we regularly see new young families attending our services, and being located in a popular area for families we are keen to make the most of our opportunities to reach out with the love of Jesus. Our new Children and Families Worker will work closely with our vicar and ministry team, but will take on responsibilities to develop and grow our existing ministries to children and families including Sunday Club (our Sunday school programme), Messy Church, Mums and Toddlers and Holiday Clubs. Key to this role will also be to support, equip and grow our existing volunteer teams who work with children and families. We’re also excited for the new Children and Families Worker to strengthen our relationship and involvement with our local primary schools as well as our St Michael’s Pre-School.
We are looking for someone with:
• A passionate and contagious faith in Jesus
• A desire to see children (0-11) and families grow in their personal relationship with Jesus
• A commitment to the Bible and communicating it in relevant and creative ways for children.
• Good interpersonal skills who is able to work within a team
• Plenty of get-up-and-go, who is self-motivated and able to manage their own time effectively.
• An ability to enthuse, equip and build teams of volunteers.